News and Announcements
- General Information Nets 3rd Wednesday of the month
- 2022 Skywarn Spotter Training Classes: http://www.weather.gov/twc/Spotter_schedule
- The 2022 Spotter Refresher Video can be found HERE
- UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION on the Spotter Info Update Page
- ATTENTION SECTOR 1 SPOTTERS: Pima and Santa Cruz County Spotters, please fill our this form to be added to the new net activation system.
- New Net List and forms for Net Control during severe weather activation here.
Effective Immediately local severe weather net frequencies will be:
Pima and Santa Cruz County
Pima County OEM repeater system - 146.88 (-) PL 110.9 on top of Mt Lemon or
PECOC Tower (PECOC) - 147.30 (+) PL 110.9 at 22nd and Alvernon
CARA RACES repeater 147.02 (+) PL 162.2 on top of Mule Mountain
What is Skywarn®?
SKYWARN is the National Weather Service (NWS) program of trained severe weather spotters. SKYWARN volunteers support their local community and government by providing the NWS with timely and accurate severe weather and flood reports. These reports, when integrated with modern NWS technology, are used to inform communities of the proper actions to take as weather threatens. The key focus of the SKYWARN program is to save lives and property through the use of observations and reports of trained volunteers. For more information visit the National Weather Service official SKYWARN page.
Amateur Radio and SKYWARN
Amateur radio operators comprise a large percentage of the SKYWARN volunteers across the country. During times of severe weather a SKYWARN net may be activated, providing a real-time way to pass information between spotters and the NWS warning desk without tying up their phone lines. The Amateur radio operators also provide vital communication between the NWS and emergency management if normal communications become inoperative.
The next Sector 1 SKYWARN General Information Net will be:
June 15, 2022 @ 1930 MST, 0230 Zulu
EAARS Repeater system
(If the EAARS Mt. Lemmon repeater is down, we will meet on 146.88)
NCS: Andreas, W1IXQ | NET LIST: (Acrobat | Excel)
Weather alerts for Twitter provided by
Simple Weather Alert